The responsibility comprises, among other things, coordination, development, and administration of a monitoring system, Indikatorlabbet, with a large number of ANDT-related indicators. Data is collected from the Public Health Agency of Sweden, other agencies and organisations.
The indicators describe the development in the following main areas:
- access to alcohol and tobacco based on price, number of points of sale, opening hours, etc.
- supervision of municipalities in accordance with the Alcohol act and Tobacco act
- consumption/usage of alcohol, narcotics, doping and tobacco
- preventive ANDT interventions among municipalities
- injuries from personal use and use by others of alcohol and narcotics
- access to healthcare and mortality caused by alcohol, narcotics and tobacco.
Indikatorlabbet mainly targets decision-makers and officials who work with these issues within governmental agencies, county administrative boards, county councils, regions, municipalities and organisations.