Main areas included in the IMPACT research collaboration are:
- knowledge, attitudes and practice concerning human and animal antibiotic use
- distribution of resistant bacteria and genetic elements within the human, animal, environmental and health care sectors
- design, implementation and evaluation of strategies to promote rational use of antibiotics and to limit the spread of antibiotic resistance in all sectors.
The Sino-Swedish integrated multi-sectorial partnership for antibiotic resistance containment (IMPACT) runs from 2014 to 2018 and is funded by the Swedish Research Council (VR) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). The project brings together a wide range of expertise in Sweden and China in the area of antibiotic use and resistance.
- China Agricultural University
- Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Linköping University, Sweden
- National Food Agency, Sweden
- National Veterinary Institute, Sweden
- Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Shandong Academy of Agricultural Science, China
- Shandong Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China
- Shandong University, China
- Zhejiang University, China
- IMPACT factsheet - Chinese (PDF, 728 kB)
- IMPACT factsheet - English (PDF, 108 kB)
- Sun Q, Wang Y, Hulth A, Xiao Y, Nilsson LE, Li X, Bi Z, Liu Y, Yin H, Luo Y, Nilsson M, Sun C, Zhu Y, Zheng B, Chen B, Sun P, Ding L, Xia X, Ottoson J, Löfmark S, Dyar OJ, IMPACT Consortium, Börjesson S, Stålsby Lundborg C. Study protocol for One Health data collections, analyses and intervention of the Sino-Swedish Integrated Multi-sectoral Partnership for Antibiotic Resistance Containment (IMPACT). BMJ Open 2018;8:e017832
- Sun P, Bi Z, Nilsson M, Zheng B, Berglund B, Stålsby Lundborg C, Börjesson S, Li X, Chen B, Yin H, Nilsson LE. Occurrence of blaKPC-2, blaCTX-M and mcr-1 in
enterobacteriaceae from well water in rural China. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2017 Mar 24;61(4).
- Cars O, Xiao Y, Stålsby Lundborg C, Nilsson LE, Shen J, Sun Q, Bi Z, Börjesson S, Greko C, Wang Y, Liu Y, Ottoson J, Li X, Nilsson M, Yin H, Bi Z, Zheng B, Xia X, Chen B, Ding D, Sun P, Dyar OJ, Hulth A, Tomson G. Building bridges to operationalize One Health – a Sino-Swedish collaboration to tackle antibiotic resistance. One Health Dec 2016;2:139-143.
- Bi Z, Sun C, Börjesson S, Chen B, Ji X, Berglund B, Wang M, Nilsson M, Yin H, Sun Q, Hulth A, Wang Y, Wu C, Bi Z, Nilsson LE. Identical genotypes of community-associated MRSA (ST59) and livestock-associated MRSA (ST9) in humans and pigs in rural China. Zoonoses Public Health. 2018;00:1–5.