Main areas included in the IMPACT research collaboration are:
- knowledge, attitudes and practice concerning human and animal antibiotic use
- distribution of resistant bacteria and genetic elements within the human, animal, environmental and health care sectors
- design, implementation and evaluation of strategies to promote rational use of antibiotics and to limit the spread of antibiotic resistance in all sectors.
The Sino-Swedish integrated multi-sectorial partnership for antibiotic resistance containment (IMPACT) runs from 2014 to 2018 and is funded by the Swedish Research Council (VR) and National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). The project brings together a wide range of expertise in Sweden and China in the area of antibiotic use and resistance.
- China Agricultural University
- Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Linköping University, Sweden
- National Food Agency, Sweden
- National Veterinary Institute, Sweden
- Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Shandong Academy of Agricultural Science, China
- Shandong Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China
- Shandong University, China
- Zhejiang University, China