International collaborations on antibiotic resistance
We have established bilateral collaborations with a number of countries and national agencies within the areas of antibiotic resistance and infection prevention and control. We also have multilateral collaborations with European and international organisations, such as the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the independent Network ReAct.
Increasing antibiotic resistance threatens to undermine modern basic health care and advanced medical care. Co-operation between countries, veterinary and human medicine, as well as the environmental sector opens up to new opportunities for sustainable change.
- WHO Collaborating Centre – Global initiatives for surveillance of antimicrobial resistance
- EU-JAMRAI - a European Joint Action on antimicrobial resistance and healthcare-associated infection
- European genomic surveillance of carbapenem and colistin resistant Enterobacteriaceae (EurGenCCRE)
- IMPACT - a Sino-Swedish collaboration to combat antibiotic resistance
- An OPEN platform for antibiotic stewardship
- NDPHS Antimicrobial Resistance Expert Group (AMR-EG)
- BARN - an expert network operating in the Baltic Sea region
Containment of antibiotic resistance in Sweden is characterised by long-term, structured measures and collaborations at local, national and international levels involving many disciplines and sectors.
Read more about Swedish work
- Swedish strategy to combat antibiotic resistance (2020-2023)
- Swedish work against antibiotic resistance – a one health approach (2019) - leaflet
- Swedish work on containment of antibiotic resistance (2014)
- In brief: Swedish work on containment of antibiotic resistance (2014)