Annual reporting of tobacco products
In addition to the reporting of ingredients of the tobacco product, a manufacturer or importer shall also annually report certain information, for example the products sales volumes.
What shall be reported and when
No later than January the 31th each year, shall a manufacturer or importer submit the following information via EU-CEG. The submitted information shall refer to the previous year. You shall submit:
- Available internal and external studies on market research and preferences of various consumer groups, including young people and current smokers, relating to ingredients and emissions, as well as executive summaries of any market surveys you have carried out when launching new products.
- The Swedish sales volume, in sticks or kilograms per brand and type.
Previously submitted internal and external studies as well as executive summaries shall not be re-reported each year.
The provisions on which this information is based
- Act (2018:2088) on Tobacco and Similar Products
Lag (2018:2088) om tobak och liknande produkter
- Decree (2019:223) on Tobacco and Similar Products
Förordning (2019:223) om tobak och liknande produkter
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden's regulations on Reporting of Ingredients in Tobacco Products, Annual Reporting on Market Research etc. and Enhanced Reporting Obligation as well as Notification and Reporting of Novel Tobacco Products, HSLF-FS 2016:45 (in Swedish)
You have always an obligation to know what the law requires. The information on this website is only intended to serve as an aid to you and does not replace what is stated in the law. There may also be other laws, or regulations from other authorities, that you need to be aware of. The Agency cannot guarantee that the information on this website is always up to date.