Fees for tobacco products
This webpage contains information regarding fees for tobacco products that you as a manufacturer or importer report to the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
The Public Health Agency of Sweden charges fees for tobacco products
The Public Health Agency of Sweden charges fees for the information that you, as a manufacturer or importer of tobacco products, report to us via the EU web-portal EU-CEG regarding tobacco products that you intend to provide to consumers on the Swedish market.
Manufacturers and importers that report information about tobacco products to the Public Health Agency of Sweden via EU-CEG must pay a fee for each brand and type:
- the first time the information is reported
- if the composition of a reported tobacco product is modified in a way that affects the previously reported information
- at the time of the annual reporting of market surveys, studies, etc.
How to pay a fee
The Public Health Agency of Sweden send payment instructions stating how much you must pay and to which account the payment must be made. Payment of this fee must be received by the Agency within 30 days.
We obtain contact information for manufacturers and importers, as well as information about reported tobacco products, from EU-CEG. It is therefore important that the information in EU-CEG is complete and accurate, including contact details such as e-mail address and postal address.
How much is the fee?
The fee for reporting tobacco products is:
• SEK 21,200 for cigarettes
• SEK 17,200 for roll-your-own tobacco
• SEK 13,200 for tobacco for oral use
• SEK 13,600 for tobacco products that are not cigarettes, roll-your-own tobacco and tobacco for oral use.
The fee for the annual reporting of tobacco products is:
• SEK 23,000 for cigarettes
• SEK 21,500 for roll-your-own tobacco
• SEK 900 for tobacco for oral use
• SEK 2,700 for tobacco products that are not cigarettes, roll-your-own tobacco and tobacco for oral use.
The provisions on which this information is based
You have always an obligation to know what the law requires. The information on this website is intended solely to serve as an aid to you and does not replace what is stated in the law. There may also be other laws, or regulations from other authorities, that you need to be aware of. The Agency cannot guarantee that the information on this website is always up to date.