FAQ about electronic cigarettes and refill containers
Frequently asked questions
- Is cross-border distance sales permitted in Sweden?
Where do I register cross-border distance sales in Sweden?
Registration regarding cross-border distance sales to consumers located in Sweden shall be submitted to the Public Health Agency of Sweden, preferably by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to facilitate the registration of cross-border distance sales the Public Health Agency of Sweden has developed a registration form. Please note that it is optional to use this registration form.
Retail outlets intending to engage in cross-border distance sales to consumers located within the Union shall register with the competent authorities in the Member State, where the retail outlet is established, and in the Member State, where the actual or potential consumers are located.
(article 18(1) Directive 2014/40/EU)
Updated: 5/31/2018 2:57:34 PMOpen in new tab
- Are there any fees associated with the registration for cross-border distance sales?
- Who is responsible that the packages of e-cigarette and refill containers are fitted with health warnings?
- What health warning should be used?
- Where should the health warnings be placed?
- What is the size of the health warnings covering the surfaces of the packets?
How should the health warnings be designed?
The health warnings shall be:
- printed in black Helvetica bold type on a white background
- printed with a font size which means that the health warning occupies the greatest possible proportion of the surface reserved for the health warning
- at the centre of the surface reserved for them, and on cuboid packets and any outside packaging they shall be parallel to the lateral edge of the unit packet or of the outside packaging
- parallel to the main text on the surface reserved for the health warning.
Updated: 6/1/2018 3:25:08 PMOpen in new tab
- Is there any fee associated with the notification?
- Where do I find information about EU-CEG?
- Who should submit the notification?
When should the notification be submitted?
The notification shall be submitted in electronic form via EU-CEG to the Public Health Agency of Sweden six months before the intended placing of the e-cigarette or refill container on the Swedish market. The same is true for a new notification for each substantial modification of the product.
When a product is withdrawn from the Swedish market it has to be notified via EU-CEG to the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
Updated: 6/1/2018 3:32:14 PMOpen in new tab
- Do I have to notify refill containers that doesn't include nicotine?