Information about simplified service
This information describes how the Public Health Agency of Sweden uses 'simplified service' to send documents that you are to receive (service). Documents may be sent to you by simplified service for as long as the matter is in progress. If an appeal is made in the matter, simplified service may also be used by superior instances. To be 'served' means that one is deemed to have received a document.
The Public Health Agency of Sweden sends two letters
In order to be sure that you receive the document that you need to obtain, the Public Health Agency of Sweden will send two letters to you. These letters are sent to your last known address (it may be your email address if you have provided it to the Public Health Agency of Sweden via EU-CEG). If the letters are returned to the Public Health Agency of Sweden, they will be sent to your postal address as notified in EU-CEG, if this has not already been used.
- The first letter will contain the document with which you are to be served.
- The next working day, a control message will be sent to you about the first letter having been sent. If you only receive the control message, but not the document, you must immediately contact the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
When have you been served?
You have been served (i.e. are deemed to have received the document) two weeks after the first letter was sent to you. The date on which the letter was sent is shown in the text of the control message.
- The first letter with the document with which you are to be served is sent on 1 March.
- A control message is sent to the same address on the next working day, 2 March.
- You are served on 15 March. Times, e.g. to answer letters from the Public Health Agency of Sweden, are counted from this date.
Bear the following in mind for as long as the matter is in progress
- You must notify the Public Health Agency of Sweden if you change address (this applies both to postal and email addresses). The address should be updated in EU-CEG.
- Check your post at least every second week.