Fees for the notification of electronic cigarettes and refill containers
Here, will manufacturers and importers of electronic cigarettes and refill containers find information about fees for the notification of products.
Notifications that generates fees
We charge fees for the notification of electronic cigarettes and refill containers. The products manufacturer and importer shall submit this information to us via the EU Common Entry Gate, EU-CEG.
Manufacturers and importers that notify electronic cigarettes and refill containers must pay a fee for each brand and type:
- The first time a product is notified to Sweden.
- When a product is relaunched on the Swedish market after it has been withdrawn from this market.
- When a new notification is submitted for a rejected product.
- When a substantial modification is submitted, which modifies the composition of a notified product in a way that affects the previously provided information.
Rejected product notifications
Product notifications will be rejected if the fees are not paid. These products may not be made available to consumers on the Swedish market.
Level of the fees
The fee for the first time an electronic cigarette and refill container is submitted to Sweden, relaunched on the Swedish market or when a new notification is submitted for a rejected product is:
- SEK 3,000
The fee for a notification of a substantial modification of an electronic cigarette and refill container is:
- SEK 2,500
Payment of the fees
We will send you a payment instruction for the submissions that generates a fee. This payment instruction will state how much you shall pay and to which account the payment shall be made. The payment shall be made within 30 days from the day the payment instruction was issued.
If we have not received payment within 30 days of issuing of the payment instruction, the product notification may be rejected. If the product notification is rejected the product may not be made available to consumers on the Swedish market.
Accurate submitter details in EU-CEG
It is important that the submitter details in EU-CEG is complete and accurate, such as e-mail address and postal address. We will use this information in our communication with you.
- Content and product notification
- Providing information on tobacco products, e-cigarettes and refill containers - The EU Common Entry Gate (EU-CEG)
The regulations on which this information is based
- Chapter 8 in the Act (2018:2088) on Tobacco and Similar Products (in Swedish)
- Chapter 7 in the Decree (2019:223) on Tobacco and Similar Products (in Swedish)
You always have an obligation to know what applies by law. The information on this website is only intended to serve as an aid to you, and does not replace what is stated in the law. There may also be other acts or regulations of other authorities that you need to be aware of. The Agency cannot guarantee that the information on the website is always up to date.