Annual reporting of tobacco products
You as a manufacturer or importer of tobacco products shall annually submit information about the tobacco products to the Public Health Agency of Sweden, including the products Swedish sales volumes and available studies.
What shall be reported and when
No later than the 31st of January each year, shall a manufacturer or importer submit the following information, referring to the previous year, about the tobacco product to us via EU-CEG:
- Available internal and external studies on market research and preferences of various consumer groups, including young people and current smokers, relating to ingredients and emissions.
- Executive summaries of any market surveys you have carried out when launching new products.
- The Swedish sales volume per brand and type, in sticks or kilograms.
You do not have to re-report previously submitted internal and external studies.
Novel tobacco products has an additional yearly reporting requirement. You will find information about these requirements on the webpage about Novel tobacco products.
Fees for annual reporting of tobacco products
Manufacturers and importers that submits information about the annual reporting of tobacco products shall pay a fee for each brand and type. This fee is:
- SEK 23,000 for cigarettes,
- SEK 21,500 for roll-your-own tobacco,
- SEK 900 for tobacco for oral use,
- SEK 2,700 for tobacco products that are not cigarettes, roll-your-own tobacco or tobacco for oral use.
We will send you a payment instruction for this submission. This payment instruction will state how much you shall pay and to which account the payment shall be made. The payment shall be made within 30 days from the day the payment instruction was issued.
If the rules are not followed
Only tobacco products that is compliant with the regulation may be made available on the Swedish market.
The regulations on which this information is based
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden's regulations on Reporting of Ingredients in Tobacco Products, Annual Reporting on Market Research etc. and Enhanced Reporting Obligation as well as Notification and Reporting of Novel Tobacco Products, HSLF-FS 2016:45 (in Swedish)
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden's regulations on Implementation of the Provisions on Fees for Tobacco Products, HSLF-FS 2018:5 (in Swedish)
You have always an obligation to know what the law requires. The information on this website is only intended to serve as an aid to you and does not replace what is stated in the law. There may also be other laws, or regulations from other authorities, that you need to be aware of. The Agency cannot guarantee that the information on this website is always up to date.