We use the following cookies on our website:
Necessary cookies cannot be disabled because our website will not work without them.
The ASP.NET_SessionId cookie registers your activity during your visit to the website. The information stored in this cookie makes it easier for you to use the website and the services available. It does not contain any personal data. It is a session cookie that is deleted when you close your web browser.
- Cookie name: ASP.NET_SessionId
FOHM_CONSENT_EXECUTED is a necessary cookie that is stored once you have accepted or rejected cookies. It does not save or contain any personal information, it only remembers if you have accepted or rejected cookies. It will disappear after 30 days.
- Cookie name: FOHM_CONSENT_EXECUTED
Cookies are created when you consent to the website using them to control settings. These are known as functionality cookies (click “Manage Cookies” and then select the “Settings” box). The cookie is saved for thirty days, so you will not be asked this question again when you visit the website during this period. The cookie does not contain any personal information. It only stores information about your computer and your web browser.
- Cookie name: FOHM_FUNCTIONAL
ReadSpeaker text to speech
The ReadSpeaker text to speech function will not work if you do not accept settings cookies.
Cookies will be saved if you have accepted the settings cookies, choose to hear a page be read aloud and select your own settings for the audio player. The ReadSpeaker is a third-party cookie that is used by our supplier ReadSpeaker and its employees in Uppsala, Sweden.
A session cookie is created when you click “Listen”. This will disappear when you close your web browser.
- Cookie name: _rspkrLoadCore
A cookie will be stored if you change your settings in ReadSpeaker. This is to make sure the player works in the same way when you visit a new page on our website. This cookie will be saved in your browser for approximately four days.
- Cookie name: ReadSpeakerSettings
Two cookies will be stored when a visitor uses doc Reader to listen to documents such as our publications. These will disappear after 30 days. The first cookie, Dcrjobnames, contains an encrypted version of the document’s URL and the number of the most recently viewed page. The second cookie, Dcrssettings, stores information about the visitor’s user settings, such as reading speed, UI language and text size.
- Cookie names: Dcrjobnames, Dcrssettings
Cookies used for statistics and website surveys
- Cookie name: FOHM_STATISTICS
We use analysis tools to collect information about how visitors use our website. This information includes the number of page views and visits. It is then used to improve our website and optimise user experience.
We are currently phasing out the Google Analytics tool and replacing it with Matomo, a different tool that complies with the legal requirements for processing personal data. There will be a short transition period where both analytics tools will be in operation.
Data collected by Matomo is anonymised meaning that no individual can be identified. We never share this data with third parties. Matomo registers certain statistics (visits and page views) even if cookies are not accepted. However, none of the data collected will be registered if you have rejected cookies. All data collection services operate within Sweden’s borders and are exclusive to the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
Cookies used by Matomo begin with
- _pk_id: Cookie saved for 13 months and used for saving anonymised data linked to unique visitors. This is necessary to be able to estimate the number of users on the website, among other things
- _pk_ses: Temporary cookie that disappears after your visit. Used to track what you have used on the website during your current session
- _pk_testcookie: temporary cookie that is created and then disappears immediately, used to check whether the user’s browser supports cookies
- mtm_consent, mtm_consent_removed and mtm_cookie_consent: Cookies saved for 30 days used to check whether you have accepted or rejected cookies on our website
Third-party cookies used by Google:
- _ga: This cookie is created for the Google Analytics tool and is used to collect website usage statistics. It makes it possible to differentiate between new and returning website visitors. The cookie is saved for two years after creation.
- _gat: This cookie is created for the Google Analytics tool and is used to limit the number of attempts to access the website in the event of heavy website traffic. The cookie is deleted 30 minutes after leaving the website, or if you have been inactive for 30 minutes.
- _gid: This cookie is created for the Google Analytics tool and is used to limit the number of attempts to access the website in the event of heavy website traffic. The cookie can be deleted when the web browser is closed.
If you do not want Google Analytics to collect your usage data for statistics purposes, you can use the “opt-out” add-on for your browser.
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (tools.google.com)
We are currently conducting a website survey to find out about your user experience on our website. Answering the survey is voluntary. Cookies are used to ensure that the survey will only pop up once the visitor has been on the website for a certain amount of time and been able to form an opinion about the site. They are also used to stop the survey from popping up each time a user visits the website. The cookies do not contain any personal data. They are third-party cookies processed by our supplier, E-Space, and its staff who are based in Sweden (Stockholm and Malmö).
Cookies used for website surveys:
You can go back at any time and change your cookie settings for fohm.se.
If you do not want to accept cookies
Please note that you will need to accept cookies to be able to order publications from the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s website. Your shopping cart will not work if you have disabled cookies.
The right to complain
You have the right to complain if you think something is missing regarding how your cookies are managed on fohm.se. Submit your complaint to the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority, the supervisory authority for how cookies are managed.